**My apartment listing from Craigslist, I know this isn’t a book review, but since I need to find someone to sublease so I can head to NYU am hoping it’s somewhat relevant! Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested in Summer in Chicago!**
It makes me melancholy to even post this, since I know there is no better place than Chicago in the summer, especially in my apartment where we have a pool on our roof (32nd floor!), floor to ceiling windows and are just blocks to the beach and many summer festivals!
But alas, I’m headed to NYC for a potentially life-altering summer course, so my room in my Gold Coast high rise will be available, fully furnished and with two wonderful female (24/25) y.o roommates to share the summer experience with!! I’m looking for someone June 1 – July 20, but the end date is negotiable.
Like a hotel but more homey (and no maid, but there is a dishwasher and maintenance men!), the amenities are as follows:
• View of Chicago from the 24th floor in every room, yes that is Lake Michigan!
• POOL on roof with tons of chairs for sunning
• Workout room and laundry room
• 24 hour door men
• Double bed (I’ve been told it’s like “sleeping on a cloud”!)
• Furnished bedroom with desk and wardrobe
• Furnished living room including 42” flat screen TV to be shared (typically Lifetime movie Sunday!)
• Blocks to all public transportation – Redline, 22, 36, 151, 156 buses
• Walk downstairs to the heart of the Gold Coast – State and Rush Streets, for nightlife, food, bars and fun!
• Very affordable rent – Central air is included!
Contact me at email@example.com for more details. We would like to “interview” you since you’ll be living in my room with my two best friends, but I promise it won’t be painful (we can do it with drinks to make everyone more comfortable!). We are looking for a young, professional female who is both fun and independent. I’ll need the first month’s deposit when we come to a living agreement.
I have more pics but posting my bedroom on Craigslist seemed super creepy so contact me for those!
1. View from our living room window… No, it never gets old
2. Pool! I think this was a “staycation” work day; it’s typically more populated
3. North Avenue Beach – a ten minute stroll, of if you’re really lazy a five minute bus ride
4. Roomies on the pool deck – this could be you!!!